Any Local or International Manufacturer, Licensed Operator, Authorized Importer, Local dealer, or Persons (individuals or companies) in Qatar wishing to import RTTE for their own use (i.e. not for marketing/commercial purposes) can apply for type approval. A type approval certificate is granted if the equipment complies with the standards recognized by CRA.
To Apply for Type Approval:
- For equipment that have already obtained evidence from National Regulatory Authorities or Conformity Assessment Bodies recognized by CRA, customers may apply for the Simplified Type Approval process using the Simplified/Standard Type approval application form.
- For equipment that do not have significant evidence in the form of a Certificate of Compliance or a certificate from National Regulatory Authorities, customers must apply for the Standard Type Approval process using the Simplified/Standard Type approval application.
- Applications are to be delivered either in person to the CRA offices, or sent to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Applicants are required to pay the fees in advance or at the time of submission and attach the receipts to their corresponding Type Approval applications.
- For online applications customers are required to pay through bank transfer to CRA’s bank account.
- Upon a successful assessment of the application a corresponding entry will be added to the type approval register and a certificate for the approved equipment would be provided to the applicant.
- Once equipment is type approved in Qatar it is deemed approved for any customer wishing to purchase the same, without the need to re-apply for type approval for the same device.
Required Supporting Documentation:
A signed and stamped Certificate of Compliance certifying that the device has been approved by a Conformity Assessment Body and/or a National Regulatory Authority to be included with the Simplified Type Approval application.
A Technical Construction File containing Test Reports, Declaration of Conformity, and Technical/Operational documentation of the equipment as outlined on the Type Approval Guidelines.
- Simplified/Standard Type Approval Form (F-RT-06).
- The fees for the Simplified Process is QR 500 and for the Standard Process is QR 1000 for each model of equipment.
Application for Type Approval/Acceptance for Radio Communication/Telecom Terminal Equipment F/RT/06